Dr. Button's In Charge
25.06.2013 - 25.06.2013 68 °F
Bianca is very poorly. She hasn't quite blown a gasket but 'Dr' Ian www.ianbuttoncars.co.uk in Fordham, says she's pulled a piston ring. I KNOW...HOW PAINFUL DOES THAT SOUND?
After her initial consultation on Thursday she was admitted this morning. As I followed behind it was hard to believe there was anything wrong. Gleaming after her full body wash, she looked as though she was singing as My Driver swung her around the gorgeous Suffolk lanes. However, Ian looked concerned as Ben read out the full list:
- Driver's door won't lock
- Horn switch on driver's side has come off. I will be sad when this is fixed because I had TOTAL HORN CONTROL FOR THE COUPE DES ALPES!
- Back window brake light not functioning
- Brake pads - surely worn out after all that up'ing and down'ing through the Alpes
- PULLED PISTON RING - as diagnosed by the maestro - and the BIG ONE
- And there's a dent on the right front wing where My Driver had an argument with a small concrete bollard outside our hotel in Nancy but we'll gloss over that!
You will, I am sure, be relieved to hear Ian has promised to give Bianca a general anaesthetic! And she's got our 1950's Series IIa Land-rover to keep her company. Green Gloria has 'a lot of issues' for Ian to get sorted by this coming Winter.