Relax...Bianca's Done This Before
18.01.2013 - 18.01.2013
One more sleep and we two girls are as ready as we'll ever be. I think I'll give Bianca extra oil tonight and I most definitely should have an extra vodka and tonic; for medicinal purposes you understand, to ensure a good night's sleep.
Truth be told, Bianca's pretty chilled out about the whole thing. As you can see......
....she's done a few things like this before. You might wonder why all her previous Rally stickers are on our garage window? We are proud for her, but...we are RALLY VIRGINS! So, when we make a total bollocks of it all we have an excuse. Those 'teams' (yes, we are a 'team'.... I've always hated team sports) with all their badges of honour along the sides of their cars supposedly know what they are doing. Team No. 90 - that's us - can pootle along (is pootle a word?) in blissful ignorance. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!
Packing was done. Mum came round with her bright pink pashmina. "I think it's going to get very cold Darling. Why don't you borrow this." PINK? what the Hell do I do now? Offend her by leaving it behind or totally re-think my whole capsule wardrobe that has been a month in the making? Offend it is. She takes it well. I think the start of a nervous tic above my right eyebrow did it.
Now, as Navigator, I do have certain responsibilities. I KNOW...I KNOW...TELLING THE DRIVER WHERE TO GO. GOT THAT!
Yet another list :
- Pencil Case (thank you Rose; she made it at school...18 yrs ago) with pencils, pens, highlighters, paperclips, filing cabinet, wipe board, projector; some of those I am struggling to get in.
- Ruler (to keep my eyes on the 'right' line of the route).
- Glasses Wipes (Pound Shop)
- Potty Lamp - I KNOW...THE MIND BOGGLES. Relax, it isn't one of those things you saw on the top shelf of the chemist yesterday and know you might need one day. Rather, it's this round, potty-shaped magnifying glass thingy that will, apparently, sit on top of the map and help me see the way. Hmmm.
- Maps - Wouldn't it be a scream if I forgot those!
- Route Folder - ditto above
- Fingerless gloves (thank you Hils) vital as I won't be able to follow the route on the map with ski mittens will I or punch (sorry, lightly press) the Trip Meter, which I am determined to make my New Best Friend?
Have you noticed how many of my family and friends are 'getting involved'. They are more excited than I am. Did I tell you? THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!